What you need::
- 3 boneless/skinless Chicken thighs
- 2 stalks Celery, Chopped
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- 2 cups Grapes, Halved
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt Or Sour Cream (I used sour cream)
- 1/2 cup Half-and-half (optional...depending on how thin you want the dressing to be)
- A Small Handful Of Fresh Dill, Minced ( didnt use fresh, but the tin seasoning)
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds (optional...i forgot to get this at the grocery store)
- 1 Tablespoon (to 2 Tablespoons) Brown Sugar
- Juice Of One Lemon
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
If you are comparing my altered recipe to hers, I did not use a fryer chicken. I dont know about anyone else but chicken is super gross to carve and skin. I feel that just buying the boneless/skinless just cuts out the middle step.
1. Get large pot and boil water
2. Dump chicken in the boiling water and boil until chicken in cooked throughout
3. Once chicken is cooked throughout, cut chicken in bite size chunks.
4. Mix together mayo, sour cream, brown sugar and lemon juice. I added a 1/4c lemon juice just because. It is up to you how much lemon taste you want in your dressing.
5. Add 1tsp of dill. Please add more if that is what you like. As you may have noticed, this recipe is made for your taste buds.
6. ***This step is optional*** I added a little bit of the half and half. Not as much as the recipe calls for because I didnt want the dressing to be really thin but I also did not want it to be totally thick. Pour it in a little at a time, because the tiniest bit makes a difference in thickness.
9. Enjoy :) Even Dan, my husband thought it was delish and that means A LOT!!!!
When I was first making it, I thought that the 3 chicken breasts would not make a whole lot. In the end, I feel we have a really good amount left over for lunches. Let me know if you tried something different and if it did.didn't work out. I would love to know if there is something else I should try!
Thanks for dropping by!